As I have been waiting on the Lord moving into 2010 several themes and scriptures have been highlighted to me by the Holy Spirit. It is a crucial time we are entering into. I have some wonderful prophetic encouragements to share as well as some urgent prophetic warnings concerning the year ahead.
As we meditate on God’s promises and the following scriptures I believe 2010 will be a year of great fruitfulness in our lives!
1. SEVEN KEY WORDS FOR 2010: FRUIT, RAIN, RIGHTEOUSNESS, HARVEST, OVERFLOW, RESTORATION AND PROVISION Joel 2: 22-26
• FRUIT: In 2010 Jesus is really looking for fruit. God desires to make His people strong and fruitful. Gifts are not enough. It’s by the fruit of the Spirit that we will be known. There will be a strong focus on developing spiritual character, maturity and fruitfulness in 2010. You will discern true disciples by their fruit, not their gifts. Joel 2:22, Mt 7:13-27; Mt 21:18-19; John 15:2-8, 16
• RAIN, RIGHTEOUSNESS AND HARVEST: The rain of God’s glory will come in righteousness enabling a great harvest. The former rain is the autumn rain that comes for planting seeds. It softens the ground so seeds can be planted. The latter rain comes to ripen the fruit for harvest. God is sending His rain so that we will not only be able to plant good seeds, but also reap the harvest from those seeds. It will be harvest time for many! As we plant the seed of God’s word into our hearts the Holy Spirit will cause an abundant harvest of fruitfulness to spring forth. God will rain down in righteousness upon His people and will cause seeds that have been planted to come to full maturity and harvest. God is bringing His people to a place of maturity. The threshing floors will be full of grain signifying a great harvest. This will include a harvest of lost souls as well as a harvest of God’s promises. The key is that the rain comes in righteousness. The word for righteousness can also be translated in Hebrew “teacher for righteousness”. The moving of the Holy Spirit is coming with teachings for righteousness in 2010! Joel 2:23-24
• OVERFLOW: There will be a great overflow of God’s anointing (wine and oil) in our lives. We will have more than enough. God’s anointing will so overflow that not only will we be able to live victoriously ourselves, but we will have enough anointing to overflow and minister to others. Joel 2:24
• RESTORATION AND PROVISION: Years that were lost will be restored. God’s people will experience great restoration in their lives this year. The prerequisite for this restoration is a full turning of the heart towards God. As hearts turn to the Lord, lost years will be restored as God deals wondrously with His people. What was lost over years will be restored in one year. With restoration God’s people will walk in supernatural provision. They will not need to run to the world for help. The world will run to the church for help. Joel 2:12-14, Joel 2:25-26; Prov 6:31
2. Preachers of righteousness will emerge under a strong anointing. These preachers will be full of truth and righteousness. They will walk with God in a special way and turn many from iniquity. They will be true messengers of God. There will be a strong contrast between righteous preaching and those who preach from an unrighteous lifestyle. Unrighteous preaching will cause people to stumble. Mal 2:6-8 “The law of truth was in [Levi's] mouth, and unrighteousness was not found in his lips; he walked with Me in peace and uprightness and turned many away from iniquity. For the priest's lips should guard and keep pure the knowledge [of My law], and the people should seek (inquire for and require) instruction at his mouth; for he is the messenger of the Lord of hosts. But you have turned aside out of the way; you have caused many to stumble by your instruction [in the law]; you have corrupted the covenant of Levi [with Me], says the Lord of hosts.”
3. A clear understanding of God’s righteous judgment will come forth. God’s judgements are always redemptive in nature. They do not condemn or accuse. They confront sin in humility and love seeking to bring people to repentance for the sake of salvation and restoration to God. As God raises up preachers of righteousness, sin will be confronted and dealt with. There will be a strong conviction of sin. An understanding of true grace will come forth. People will begin to understand that grace is more than just mercy when they miss it. Rather it is the power of God in the life of the believer to overcome sin in all its forms and manifestations. True grace will be preached. Rather than condoning sin, power will be given to overcome it. John 8:3-11; 1 Cor 5:9-13; 2 Thes 3:14-15; Acts 13:8-12; Acts 5:1-11
4. A deep call for consecration will be given by the Holy Spirit as God prepares and calls vessels to be set apart for His power and end-time purposes. God will come with a suddenly to His people. This will be accompanied by deep refinement and purification and will cause our lives to be offered in righteousness. Mal 3:1-3 “Behold, I send My messenger, and he shall prepare the way before Me. And the Lord [the Messiah], Whom you seek, will suddenly come to His temple; the Messenger or Angel of the covenant, Whom you desire, behold, He shall come, says the Lord of hosts. But who can endure the day of His coming? And who can stand when He appears? For He is like a refiner's fire and like fullers' soap; He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver, and He will purify the priests, the sons of Levi, and refine them like gold and silver, that they may offer to the Lord offerings in righteousness.” Rom 12: 1-3
5. God will strengthen the covenant of marriage within the church. Believers will need to make a choice to live in a way that pleases God, not in a way that is convenient for their flesh. Protecting and standing for the marriage covenant is very strong on God’s heart. A plumbline will be set that upholds the truth of God’s word in this area. God is calling the church to stand for moral purity. His grace and power will be there to help them truly live for God. Mal 2:14-16 “Yet you ask, Why does He reject it? Because the Lord was witness [to the covenant made at your marriage] between you and the wife of your youth, against whom you have dealt treacherously and to whom you were faithless. Yet she is your companion and the wife of your covenant [made by your marriage vows]. And did not God make [you and your wife] one [flesh]? Did not One make you and preserve your spirit alive? And why [did God make you two] one? Because He sought a godly offspring [from your union]. Therefore take heed to yourselves, and let no one deal treacherously and be faithless to the wife of his youth. For the Lord, the God of Israel, says: I hate divorce and marital separation and him who covers his garment [his wife] with violence. Therefore keep a watch upon your spirit [that it may be controlled by My Spirit], that you deal not treacherously and faithlessly [with your marriage mate].” Mt 5:31-32; Mt 19:3; Mt 19:11-12; Mk 10:2-12; 1 Cor 7:8-39; John 8: 3-11
6. For those who desire to walk pure before the Lord a strong gift of discernment will be given to keep them from evil. Those who choose compromise will give way to a spirit of deception.
Mal 3:18 “Then shall you return and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him who serves God and him who does not serve Him.”
7. Although it may seem that evildoers are exalted and prosper, the Lord says not to be fooled by appearances. Don’t be disheartened or fooled by the apparent exaltation of unrighteousness. There is coming a day of reckoning. Those who truly walk in the fear of the Lord will be remembered in God’s book of remembrance. There will be a public recognition of those who truly walk in reverence before God. Mal 3:14-17 “You have said, It is useless to serve God, and what profit is it if we keep His ordinances and walk gloomily and as if in mourning apparel before the Lord of hosts? And now we consider the proud and arrogant to be happy and favored; evildoers are exalted and prosper; yes, and when they test God, they escape [unpunished]. Then those who feared the Lord talked often one to another; and the Lord listened and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before Him of those who reverenced and worshipfully feared the Lord and who thought on His name. And they shall be Mine, says the Lord of hosts, in that day when I publicly recognize and openly declare them to be My jewels (My special possession, My peculiar treasure). And I will spare them, as a man spares his own son who serves him.”
8. Proper alignments and associations will be crucial for God’s people. Be very careful what influences you let come into your life through what and who you align and associate with. The Lord is calling His people to come into agreement with righteousness and truth. Through proper relationship with God we will be better tuned into the “frequency” of the Holy Spirit and will more clearly hear His voice and know His ways. What you come into agreement with is what you will empower in your life. God is dealing with mixture that has crept into the church. We must break wrong alignments and pursue godly associations. We must align with truth, righteousness and God’s word. What you hang out with is what you will become. Josh 23:7, 12; 1 Kings 11:4; 1 Cor 5:9-11; 2 Thes 3:14; Rom 12:16; Acts 17:4; Prov 13:20; 2 Cor 6:14,17
9. There is coming a greater polarization between truth and deception, between obedience and lawlessness, between the true power of God and false signs and wonders. True authentic power will flow out of a consecrated lifestyle. Deceptive power flows out of selfishness, iniquity and lawlessness, leading people astray. Mat 24:11-14 “And many false prophets will rise up and deceive and lead many into error. And the love of the great body of people will grow cold because of the multiplied lawlessness and iniquity, but he who endures to the end will be saved. And this good news of the kingdom (the Gospel) will be preached throughout the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then will come the end.” Mat 24:24-25 “For false Christs and false prophets will arise, and they will show great signs and wonders so as to deceive and lead astray, if possible, even the elect (God's chosen ones). See, I have warned you beforehand.”
10. A revelation and impartation of God’s love is coming in the church where God’s people will be motivated and moved by such a deep compassion from the heart of God. This love will release both a greater faith and a greater power in the church. Just as Jesus was moved with compassion and healed the sick and raised the dead, so will God’s people be moved with great compassion. This compassion will bring with it a greater release of God’s miracle healing power. 1 Jn 3:16, 18; Mt 14:14; Mt 18:27; Luke 1:50; Luke 7:13; James 3:17; Gal 5:6, 22-26; Eph 5:1-21
11. The name and works of Jesus will be emphasized. All the works of Jesus Christ will be seen and known. People will come into a deeper understanding and revelation of the power, glory and authority found in the name and Person of Jesus. People will gain a deep appreciation and honor for everything that comes through His name. Focus will be brought back onto the life and works of Jesus Christ. Acts 3:16
12. There will be an anointing for writing in 2010. Those called to write and publish will come under a fresh scribe anointing by the Holy Spirit enabling them to write and publish the heart and mind of God.